Do you envy celebrities like LL Cool J and Oprah, who seem to have the best personal trainers due to their stars? Do you wish you could train like the celebrities but dismiss the idea because you can’t afford it?
There is, however, good news! You don’t have to be a celebrity or pay hundreds of dollars per session to get a top personal trainer.
Finding a top trainer may be as simple as looking around your neighbourhood. Many fitness experts have the same knowledge and expertise as celebrity trainers. The only difference is that they do not have celebrity clients. Instead, they have people just like you that they train and look after.
However, not all fitness experts are created equal. Simply because someone claims to be a trainer does not mean they are the best trainer for you. Finding a top personal trainer necessitates research and should not be rushed.
Here are a few pointers to help you locate the best trainer in your area:
1. Examine Certification and Education- Does the trainer know CPR and have insurance/certification?
2. Look for Success- Are there any success stories you can read about?
3. Examine the Workout Facility- Pay a visit to the fitness studio or gym [name]. Observe firsthand how training is carried out and the types of clients the trainer has. Examine the facility’s cleanliness as well.
4. Examine Popularity – Is the trainer the talk of the town or well-known in the community?
5. Examine Client Relationships- Are there educational materials, website support, newsletters, videos, etc., for assistance outside of training sessions? Is the client relationship more than just a transaction?
6. Examine Goal Setting: Have goals been established with clients? Does the trainer keep track of your progress and make necessary changes to your workout programme as needed to ensure you reach your goal?
7. Look into Nutrition Consulting: Can you get help with healthy eating?
8. Examine Medical Considerations- Does the trainer inquire about your medical history and any medical limitations before training you?
9. Examine Attitude/Personality- Does the trainer motivate you and pay special attention to you during your workout? Is it easy to get along with the trainer?
10. Check References- Can you speak with current clients?
11. Examine the Reward and Guarantees- Are there any incentives for referring others? For example, is there a Money Back Guarantee or cancellation policy that allows you to get your money back if you opt-out of training within a specific time frame?
12. Examine Outward Appearance: Does the trainer appear professional and in good overall shape?
While this isn’t a list of the ten commandments for finding a top personal trainer, it is a guideline of what top trainers do and offer. With this knowledge, you will identify a top personal trainer who is a good fit for you.
Interviewing trainers in your area and asking for a complimentary session or two is the best way to get answers to the above questions. Do not be afraid to ask questions or speak with current clients. Top trainers welcome this. If they don’t, run in the opposite direction as fast as you can!
You can get a top personal trainer like the celebrities and get your best body ever with a bit of research. So take the time you need to find the right personal trainer for you. You will save both time and money.